10.5 Things To Do Before New Year’s Eve to Market Your Dance Classes
1. Open a Twitter Account (if you don’t already have one) – try and get your name or your dance school’s name – i.e. @popdanceuk – go to www.twitter.com and register TODAY – you don’t need to do anything else – yet!
2. Open a Business Facebook Page for your classes or dance school – this needs to be set up alongside your personal page – www.facebook.com/about/pages – be very careful to choose the right name as you only get one chance
3. Register your classes on Google places – www.google.com/places
4. Register your classes on NetMums
5. Start or revisit your database of existing customers, lapsed customer, customers who never attended classes and send them a professional email – be sure to include your branding, your contact details and information on where your classes are and the start back dates and also any New Year offers you are running – you can use Mailchimp to create fabulous looking emails – it’s quick, easy and it’s FREE
6. Grab a calendar for 2015 and plan your year – what do you want to have achieved by June and then again by December – plan your route to get there
7. Feature the benefits of dancing on your website – feel free to use ours – www.popdance.co.uk/12-5-reasons-dance or create your own – to show people they can get active, fit and happy at your dance classes
8. Look at your website as if you were a potential customer – Does it look good? Does it get over the fantastic classes that you offer? Is it exciting? When was the last time you updated it?
9. Prepare a New Year Offer – perhaps a Recommend A Friend or introduce loyalty cards – what else could you offer to new customers?
10. Write a press release! Go on – have a go – newspapers and family magazines will be looking for ways to get active in the New Year – go on, we dare you!
10.5 Read and learn – good “marketing for dance classes” and see what other tips people are giving away – it’s FREE and extremely useful! Sign up for our marketing tips for dance teachers – we email out short & sweet FREE tips & ideas every Saturday am! www.popdance.co.uk/jobsfordanceteachers
All of this is totally achieveable before New Year’s Eve – so pull on your pjs, grab a choccie from the tin (if there are any left) and see what you can achieve – simple!
Here’s to an amazing 2015 – full of fun and dancing!