5 Hot Tips for Creating Exciting Visuals for Your Website and Social Media
We all know a picture paints a thousands words, but we also know that we cannot just take any images we like from google and use them on our websites and in our social media. You may end up with a hefty fine!
Any images you use, must belong to you, be royalty free or you have the rights to use it.
So, what can you do if you don’t have many images, or your images are just “okay” and don’t have the “WOW” factor?
Here’s our Top Tips on creating exciting visuals:
1. Get taking photos! Obviously you need photo consent if you are taking photos in your class or of people dancing – there are photo consent forms that you can tailor to suit your requirements and then ask the participants to sign.
Think about taking photos from different angles, of different things, they don’t just have to be of people dancing, they can be of people celebrating what they’ve achieved, i.e. “Mary has lost half a stone since dancing with us”, or a photo of your dance studio, or the area where your classes are, or you, your team, you choreographing – get creative!
2. Now that you’ve got your photos, what can you do with them? Take a look at picmonkey for fantastic ways of editing, adding frames, cropping – there are tons of features and it’s all FREE
3. Or how about taking a look at Quozio – a great website where you can create quotes – everyone loves a good motivational quote – one of our favourites is “It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it – Bananarama” – very apt for our business.
4. And you have to take a look at Canva – Canva is AMAZING! And much of it is free! There are icons you can use and colour to match your branding, you can upload your photos and add text to them, you can purchase images for around $1 – and it’s really simple to use too.
5. And we’ve just discovered Wordswag – a great app on your phone that enables you to add text to images simply and easily.
So, what are you waiting for? Get creating and share your creations with us – we’d love to see them.
Have a fantastic week.
Meanwhile, if you would like to find out more about working with Popdance – take a look here
If you haven’t yet done so and would like to receive our FREE marketing tips for dance teachers into your inbox every month – then grab them here