Networking for Dance Teachers
What’s it all about?
Obviously social networking is fantastic for exposure for your dance business – but have you thought of face to face networking?
For some, it can be daunting, for others, they flourish, but networking can be a MASSIVE part of your marketing mix and make a real difference to your business.
So where do you start?
• Have a google of networking groups in your area
• Check out how often they meet, how much they charge, what kind of networking group they are – what’s the vibe, are there any rules, what’s to be expected from visitors
• Contact the organiser and ask any questions
• Don’t expect to go along to a group and immediately get business or people to your classes
• Networking is about being consistent, showing up, sharing, listening and being supportive to other people within the group
• You will find that over time, you make friends, people in the group become your salesforce and recommend you when they hear of people asking for services such as yours
• You can collaborate, connect people, help and support each other – and this all makes a MASSIVE difference to your business and also to your passion and drive.
• You might also like to take a look at going along to a “jelly” – these are fantastic, often free and a great way to meet people in your area – find your nearest jelly via the UK Jelly website
• Other national networking groups include businesses such as BNI, Athena, WIBN, Chamber of Commerce
Let us know how you get on – we’d love to know what networking groups you are part of, or whether you take the leap and go along to some – let us know at [email protected]
If you are interested in working with Popdance and getting help and support to run your own Popdance business – take a look here
If you are a dance teacher who would like to be offered paid work with us – take a look here
If you are not a dance teacher, but have marketing/business skills and are interested in becoming an Area Manager – take a look here
If you would like to join us at the Popdance Open Day on Sunday 12th November 2017 – take a look here
If you are a Popdance Area Manager with us, give us a shout if you want any more info on networking for your Popdance business at [email protected]